As businesses become increasingly focused on reducing their carbon footprint and on controlling costs, OCS is pleased to be able to offer BREEAM In-Use to unlock carbon reductions and environmental efficienciesin customers’ buildings.
This is offered with the expert support of BRE – an independent research organisation and consultancy which helps government, industry and business to create better, safer and more sustainable buildings. BREEAM In-Use is a new scheme to help building managers reduce running costs and improve the environmental performance of existing buildings. The scheme comprises a standard, an easy-to-use assessment methodology and a third party certification process which provides a clear and credible route map to improving sustainability.
We can guide customers through the assessment programme with a pre-site briefing followed by data collection and assessment completion. Documentation is submitted to BRE for formal rating and certification and, upon completion of the assessment, OCS and BRE identify improvement initiatives and manage these for the client.
BREEAM In-Use is designed to:
• Reduce operational costs
• Enhance value and marketability of property assets
• Give a transparent platform for negotiating building improvements with landlords and owners
• Provide a route to compliance with environmental legislation and standards, such as energy labelling and ISO 14001
• Give greater engagement with staff in implementing sustainable business practices
• Provide opportunities to improve staff satisfaction with the working environment and potential for significant productivity improvements
• Demonstrate commitment to Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR)
• Improve organisational effectiveness
• Provide a genuine badge of proven sustainability
The environmental performance of an organisation's built assets is a key factor in its sustainability credentials and carbon footprint. Operating a building also represents a major cost - with soaring energy prices and the current gloomy economic outlook, cutting energy, water, waste and other such costs can present a relatively easy way of improving a business’ profitability.
For more details on how the system works, please see the link to the BREEAM In-Use leaflet below. If you require further information on how BREEAM In-Use can benefit our clients, business development director Richard Fudge or service support director Paul Thrupp would be delighted to provide this.
Click here to view the full PDF download