Protecting your key building assets with planned fabric maintenance
Building fabric maintenance has traditionally been treated as a reactive task, leading to deterioration of the fabric and subsequent reduction in the asset value as well as impacting on the quality of the user experience for visitors and staff which can damage the image of the organisation. Higher costs to replace fabric assets with increased frequency due to lack of maintenance, mean more building owners are looking to move away from a reactive fabric maintenance model to a planned model which protects and maintains the values of their key building assets.
The planned maintenance requirements for external assets are generally defined based on the construction and location of the building, and once configured within the Planned Preventative Maintenance (PPM) schedule, are unlikely to change. However, this is not the case for internal assets. The planned maintenance requirements of internal assets vary considerably from each other and can also change significantly depending on building type, building usage and the budgetary constraints of the client. Our approach defines a bespoke, agreed accommodation standard to ensure total flexibility for each client to suit their requirements.
OCS provides a cost effective, planned preventative maintenance approach based on the following key drivers and benefits:
- Full flexibility in delivering a planned fabric maintenance model
- Cost certainty and budgetary control via future planning
- Effective health, safety and environmental compliance, including the management of sub-contractors
- Specification led approach, providing measurable service delivery against agreed Service Level Agreements and Key Performance Indicators
- Asset values maintained by maximising lifecycle and reducing deterioration of the fabric
Our approach allows for the fabric maintenance requirements of the building to be defined based on the importance and the specific usage of an area as determined by the client, which ensures greater efficiency in cost and effort across all of your planned maintenance projects.